Violin & Cello practice tips you would love
Easy & Effective cello and violin practice tips.
We all would agree that practice is important in our cello and violin learning journey. You might be just a practice away from a new breakthrough or setting new milestone on your violin or cello journey.
Why this is important? Many students started the cello and violin lessons in hope of improving their playing. Let’s be frank, strings music lessons aren’t cheap. So to ensure that you get the most values out of your lessons, you would need to PRACTICE. We will discuss on how to create a long lasting practice habits as well as how to practice effectively.
What you should do now?
By summarising all the points stated above, you can start by doing the following:
1. Create a commitment statement on where and when you going to practice.
2. Share that statement to your friend or family or the best of all, your teacher.
3. Find a conducive corner as your practice place, visualize yourself practicing there.
4. Place your cello/violin there together with the music stand.
5. Shift your mindset to make practicing more attractive by focusing on the benefits.
6. On the day that you don’t “feel like practicing”, just go to the corner, hug your instrument and watch a violinist or cellist video. (NOT MOST OF THE TIME)
7. If you still find it hard, then just make practice routine as short as 5 mins.
8. Reward yourself after every practice by focusing on the small improvements you have made. (If after some time you still finds that your skills don’t improve at all, we will then need to look at the effectiveness of the practice. )
Let’s Learn Together!
Music Mood aims to help adult students to learn their cello and violin better. This is why we are trying to create a community that is encouraging and helps each other to grow. Start chatting with us to find out how to make your learning process better.